Wounds need time and extra care to really heal

treatment-1327811__340

For a wound to truly heal one must give it the proper time, attention, and treatment. Being too quick to stop the treatment and remove the bandage only leaves it vulnerable to opening up again.

I wrote the above quote referring to all kinds of wounds. Physical wounds, wounds of the heart, and the wounds we suffer from mental strife or illness.

bandages-908873_960_720In the past, after being hurt or wounded by one thing or another, I used to be quick to end treatment and “move on”. I’d try to ignore what had happened when it seemed superficially healed. But deep down the wound would fester, in a sense, even if it had a normal appearance. Sometimes I was hardly aware of the fact, but wondered why I was not feeling 100%. I’d eventually be reminded of that hurt in a greater way, or there would be a scar left years later because of improper treatment. If the wound again showed itself more greatly, perhaps I’d quick treat it a second or third time and move on again, but eventually I’d have to deal with it properly. Only then did it truly heal. Let’s be sure not to leave wounds improperly treated forever.

21 thoughts on “Wounds need time and extra care to really heal

• updownflight April 8, 2017 / 4:09 pm

Thank you, JL. I was really inspired by today’s word. It’s interesting that I seemed to treat ALL types of wounds the same way, up until recently.

1. migrainesfromhell April 8, 2017 / 4:17 pm

Love this post. Really great!

2. napropasti April 8, 2017 / 4:53 pm

So true! The seemingly little wounds can add up to a major crisis for which band-aid helps no more.

3. realdeets April 8, 2017 / 6:26 pm

love this, can’t wait to read more from you 🙂

• updownflight April 8, 2017 / 6:29 pm

Thanks, realdeets. I’ll look forward to your new posts too. Also feel free to browse my list of recent posts. I post about a variety of things. I’ll do the same on your blog.

• updownflight April 8, 2017 / 7:20 pm

PENANDFREETHOUGHT, I already responded in your blog, but wanted to also say I’m happy you shared your post’s link here. I hope anyone that reads your comment in my blog will check out your post too. By the way, I like the name of your blog.

• penandfreethought April 8, 2017 / 7:21 pm

Aww thanks!

• penandfreethought April 9, 2017 / 12:30 am

*my

4. Patricia April 9, 2017 / 1:23 am

Your posts are very good. Your words about the wounds of life are so very true and well put. I will keep following and looking forward to reading your posts. 🙂

• updownflight April 9, 2017 / 4:16 am

Thank you, Patricia. I’m glad you have visited my blog.

5. Po' Girl Shines April 20, 2017 / 4:36 pm

In our culture heartbreak is not thought of as something you need to heal from. Just pick yourself up and keep running!

• updownflight April 20, 2017 / 11:36 pm

Po’ Girl Shines, I’ve had long periods of healing needed from heartbreak. I don’t truly love that easily. When it is rejected it stings seriously.