The thrill of exhibitionism/indecent exposure

exhibitionism

When I saw today’s Daily Post word “exposed”, the first thing that came to my mind was exhibitionism/indecent exposure, and the thrill it gives to the people who expose themselves. [Funny where my thoughts go, huh?] I have a few true stories of this to share that I have encountered in the past. I’ll admit that none of these incidences scared me in any way, though I’m sure victims of exhibitionism can be scared in some circumstances.The very first time I was a “victim” of exhibitionism was in Poznan, Poland. I was walking towards the train station with a Polish friend named Elzbieta. It was a narrow walkway that afforded the exhibitionist a bit of privacy. He obviously saw two early 20 something year old women coming, which surely excited him. As we walked down the walkway the middle-aged man quickly dropped his pants and drawers and with a huge smile started to wave his favorite private part at us, as if saying a hugely friendly “Zen dobry” (Good day). He got a thrill, and we got a huge laugh. One might think we should have been just shocked and scared, but somehow it didn’t end up that way. We had fun telling the story to our friends when we saw them.

Only a few years later I was living in Taichung, Taiwan teaching at an English school for Taiwanese children. Class was over for the day and it was starting to get dark. There was still enough light, however, to see most things in the distance. I was walking down a sidewalk with a small grassy field to my left. I was looking straight ahead, but then heard a man call out “Xiǎojiě!” (Miss!) in Mandarin Chinese. I looked to my left and saw an old man smiling widely, shaking his old “friend” in my direction. Since I had experienced such an action in the past I wasn’t shocked, but decided to chide him by telling him (in Chinese) that “You don’t impress me with your small penis. Go home!” Then I looked forward and continued to walk away.

The last time I witnessed exhibitionism was at an obvious place. New Orleans. If you have ever been there, then I bet you’ve seen a thing or two, as well. It was Saint Patrick’s Day, so there was obviously a big crowd. People wearing several beads around their necks, jazz music spilling out into the streets, people holding plastic cups full of beer, and many eyes focused upwards to the second floor balconies of Bourbon Street buildings. In this case, most of the “exhibitionists” were drunk women trying to attract men with fun. Men would call for them to “Show your tits! Show your tits!” then one or more women would oblige. I’m sure in these cases the women didn’t actually have a psychological disorder of exhibitionism, just disinhibition. My husband and I enjoyed the fun, but certainly didn’t instigate anything.

OK, now for a confession. I must admit that I myself have exposed some private parts in public in the past, though only to my husband. I have bipolar disorder and in the past experienced disinhibition when hypomanic/manic. I remember in my early marriage frequently being in that state. I got in my head that it would be fun to shock my husband. You might find me literally dancing down grocery store aisles and singing. Another thing I often did was revel in flashing my new husband. So when I thought the coast was clear, up went my shirt and bra. “Honey!” I’d yell. He’d look and yell “Oh my god!” I must have done that at least 10 times in the past. Hubby would seem gleefully shocked, and I was gleefully thrilled. Once I was wearing a skirt and flashed from there. Yes, what bipolar hypomania/mania can lead you to do.

So those are my stories of exhibitionism/indecent exposure. Have you ever witnessed or done it? What were your reactions/feelings?

18 thoughts on “The thrill of exhibitionism/indecent exposure

1. Nel May 7, 2017 / 3:24 pm

Haha! I haven’t done anything like that before but I would like to. The only exbitionist type thing I’ve seen was on the island of Maui. You have Big Beach and Little Beach and you have to climb to get to Little Beach. Some of my friends said there was to be a fire show and so of course I was interested in going. What they failed to mention is that the beach was a nude beach so I wasn’t prepared for the hundreds of naked people walking around, lol. After that initial shock though, it was a fun time. I did not get naked and I tried (and failed) not to stare at some hahaha

• updownflight May 7, 2017 / 3:26 pm

Hi Nel. I’ve encountered nude beaches in France, and I know other Europeans don’t mind being nude on beaches, but there they generally try not to laugh at each other. I bet if they did there could be a fight. LOL!

2. Irene May 7, 2017 / 6:02 pm

LOL!! I have had a few drunken men try to impress me by showing me their junk in night clubs- I was always like “Yeah okay- if that is the best pick up you have- you’ve got zero game! Not interested!” I have to say I like to keep a bit of mystery.

• updownflight May 7, 2017 / 6:56 pm

I agree. That’s why only my hubby (and past lovers) ever got a showing.

3. Jessica Bakkers May 7, 2017 / 11:06 pm

Bahahaha! That cracked me up. Must say I’ve NEVER been on the receiving end of a public flash. Feeling rather unloved. May have done a public flash / tease to hubby but nothing wild. My life must be lacking 😉

• updownflight May 8, 2017 / 1:01 am

No, but maybe it’s time for your hubby to reciprocate.

4. NaPropasti May 8, 2017 / 9:35 pm

Haha, I wonder if commenting on the small size (of his hands) would be, psychologically speaking, the best way to shame any such criminal into quitting. But then again, I’m sure there are some flashees, who enjoy the freak show.

• updownflight May 8, 2017 / 9:42 pm

No, I doubt it. Some men don’t mind having small hands if they truly believe the other is plenty big.

Definitely some flashees like the show. Have you ever been flashed and liked the show, NaPropasti?

• NaPropasti May 9, 2017 / 1:00 pm

I have not, but my first “exposure” experience happened on vacation in Yugoslavia, when I was six years old. An old man flashed my sister. She ran and told Dad. He went after the creep with the vengeance of an angry lion, screaming “call the police” in broken Serbo-Croatian. Even though I had no idea what was so wrong about the gentleman’s pulling his pants down, I was extremely impressed by my Dad’s bravery after Mom told me the man was a dangerous criminal.

• updownflight May 9, 2017 / 1:10 pm

Thank you for sharing the story. Do you still think the man was a dangerous criminal?

I’m sure some could be dangerous, but others I believe just have a psychiatric illness and usually just seek out the reaction.

5. Amrita Rao May 12, 2017 / 1:16 pm

I guess, when we are in that trance we commit silly mistakes not judging but nudity is in accepted and sometimes we may become a victim but all in good faith youth does blunders but that’s life

• updownflight May 12, 2017 / 1:23 pm

Yes, a bit of bipolar hypomania/mania and one becomes disinhibited. I’m much more stable now. I guess it was a fun memory. I enjoyed laughing about it.