Sunshine Blogger Award

sunshine-blog-awardI’d like to thank Nel of Revolutionary Tales for nominating me for this award. Her blog and comments bring sunshine into my life, and I know into many others’, as well. I enjoy the wonderful variety of topics she writes about. She inspires me, and teaches me new things every day.

Rules:

1.) Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2.) Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
3.) Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4.) List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.

11 of Nel’s questions for me:

If you got the chance to either to go into the future and know what’s there for you, or to go back in past and change something, which one would you choose & why?

• I think I would go back into the past and spend more time with my nephews. If only I could have done and/or said something to prevent my youngest nephew from taking his own life.

A superpower that you think everyone should have.

• The ability to snap our fingers and have the entire house clean and tidy. Ditto for  laundry and ironing.

Is there anything that can/might make you stop blogging?

• Not right now, but I guess when I finally start working more hours I might have less time, and might cut back.

What gives you goosebumps every-time?

• Beethoven’s Grosse Fuge Op. 133 (a string quartet)

A gift that you would love to receive anytime.

• Flowers with hugs and kisses accompanying them

Your favorite topics to have a conversation on.

• Birds, food, music, and funny/interesting stories. Actually, I love to talk about all kinds of things.

One thing that you want to eliminate from your life completely.

• Bipolar mood episodes and medication side effects. Sorry, that’s two.

What state haven’t you lived in but would like to?

• Massachusetts

Where do you see yourself in ten years that you hope happens but don’t think it will?

• Comfortably retired in my current house, with a weekend/vacation cottage in a lovely rural area by a lake

When in time would you want to live that you have not been alive for?

• The roaring 1920s in the U.S.A.

What website do you visit the most?

• Other than my blog? I visit www.mdjunction.com, which has an online bipolar support group. I am a volunteer group leader there.

I nominate the following bloggers (listed in no particular order). I love all of their blogs and have appreciated their kindness. Participate if you like.

11 questions for the nominees:

1. What is your favorite part of the day, and why?
  2. If you could choose any career and be successful at it, what would it be?
  3. What is your absolute favorite piece of music? Feel free to post a video link, if available.
  4. Do you prefer reading poetry or prose?
  5. What food dish are you particularly good at making?
  6. If you wish to share, please describe your favorite photo, painting/print, or other art piece.
  7. When you were a kid, what was your favorite toy?
  8. What subject did your favorite teacher or professor teach, and why were they your favorite?
  9. Where is the most beautiful place you have visited in your life?
  10. At what age did you discover your first love?
  11. When did you realize you loved to write?

Thank you!

16 thoughts on “Sunshine Blogger Award

1. Nel June 18, 2017 / 11:20 pm

Congrats! You inspire me right back! I love your answers especially the superpower!

• updownflight June 19, 2017 / 12:43 am

Thanks, Nel. Yes, wouldn’t it be nice? Actually, I should have included the laundry and ironing too.

2. Jessica Bakkers June 18, 2017 / 11:52 pm

Great answers. I’m going to check out that other website you visit too. My doc has been saying for years I have anxiety and depression but sometimes I wonder if it’s misdiagnosed bipolar….

• updownflight June 19, 2017 / 12:46 am

Hi Jessica. You’re definitely welcome to check out the bipolar group, but note that the site also has anxiety and depression groups, too, though I’m not a group leader for those groups.

3. Hussein Allam June 19, 2017 / 12:08 am

Oh my goodness! That intro and seeing my name the sixth one from top to bottom and that just blew my mind up in flames, Thank you so much for nomination 🙂 as I just love getting to know you more and more each day! Finally , this award is very well-deserved to you , and congratulations dear updownflight. ☺️ btw , I am so taken for your lovely answer before the last one question living in a cottage in a lovely rural area by a lake. That is what I love too. It seems that you are clingy person to nature and romantic 🙂

• updownflight June 19, 2017 / 12:53 am

I was very happy to nominate you, Hussein Allam, and I like you and your blog much. I’m happy to learn that we have the cottage and lake in common. I hope we both get one.

4. These were excellent answers to thought-provoking questions! (You are a great thinker aren’t you?) I sure hope you begin to write that book soon if you haven’t started already because I sure love the way you write. Congrats and blessings back, 🙂

• updownflight June 19, 2017 / 12:22 pm

You’re so sweet, Ellie.

I have started write a bit of my memoir. Some chapters will be difficult to tackle, though.

• bipolarsojourner June 19, 2017 / 11:40 pm

those are long lasting, too. i gave some like those to a friend on mother’s day and they haven’t wilted at all. 🙂

• updownflight June 20, 2017 / 12:19 am

Since mid May? That’s amazing! Definitely a great deal for the money.