Huge thanks go to Nel of Reactionary Tales for nominating me for this award. Nel’s wonderful blog is definitely unique in that she writes so well about so many different topics, and is talented in so many ways (articles, poetry, photography, prose, and more). I was touched that she nominated my blog, since I try to do the same. The people’s blogs I nominated below are unique in their own ways. I enjoy following their posts very much.
- Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you.
- Answer the questions.
- In the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family, nominate 8-13 people for the same award.
- Ask them 3 questions.
If you could pick a book to turn into a movie adaptation, what would it be?
- I would like to see Kay Redfield Jamison’s “Unquiet Mind” made into a movie. Actually, I think there has been some talk about doing so over the years, but it is yet to happen. Kay Redfield Jamison is a leading psychologist/professor/scholar focusing on bipolar disorder. “Unquiet Mind” is her memoir about her own experience with the disorder. She loves poetry and literature and writes about it a lot in her memoir. It would be nice to see how they could represent both her story and her love of poetry and literature in a film.
What inspires you most about your blog?
- About my own blog? I have been very happy that I’ve written about a variety of topics in my blog, not just mental illness. Though I am not good at poetry, I’ve been happy that I’ve written in poetic styles. I am also happy that I’ve had the chance to write informational pieces, inspirational pieces, humorous pieces, opinion pieces, and other types of pieces, as well.
What author inspires you (doesn’t have to be a book; can be a film director or music composer)?
- I’ll go for a music composer. Leos Janacek. The reason why I chose him is because he really excelled at the end of his life after periods of lesser activity in his middle-age. That’s what I’m hoping will happen to me. I’m looking for that special inspiration as I get older, and believe that the lessons learned earlier in my life will help produce an especially beautiful “music”.
Bonus question because I’m listening to The Circle of Life: What’s your favorite Disney song???
- I’m afraid to admit that I’m not a huge Disney fan. [Nel, please don’t hold that against me.] However, I always liked the song “Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah” from Disney’s Song of the South. This song is such a happy one. I often sing it and skip along the road when I’m in an especially good mood.
My Nominees (listed in no particular order):
Please participate only if you’d like to.
3 Questions for my nominees:
- What is your personal favorite post that you’ve written on your blog, and why? Please consider including a link to it here.
- Which of your posts received the most “likes” of them all? Please consider including a link to it here. Or if it is the same post as in question #1, please rather mention the second most popular in “likes”.
- What time of day do you usually write your blog posts?