Poll: Which category of my posts do you like best?

poll sign
Poll choices below the note

To my blog’s frequent or occasional readers:

I thought I’d play around with a WordPress feature I’ve never used. In this case, a poll. Last night I asked my husband to tell me which category(ies) of my posts he likes best. Though his responses reflect only his opinions/preferences, I still found them helpful to know where he thought I had the most strengths and weaknesses in my writing. I know that the number of “likes” can be an indicator, but I don’t think it is a completely reliable one.

Please respond to the poll below selecting the category of my posts you like the best. I’m curious. I’ve allowed only one choice in this case. I believe there is a comment field. Please feel free to comment only if you’d like to. I don’t mind feedback, as long as it is well-intended.

22 thoughts on “Poll: Which category of my posts do you like best?

1. moo393 August 15, 2017 / 2:18 pm

Bird flight, how do you use the poll tool? I’m intrigued!

• updownflight August 15, 2017 / 2:23 pm

Hi moo393. You find it under the “Feedback” section in the WordPress dashboard.

I never found an easy way to get to the dashboard until today (I still need to learn things). I used to access it through the comment editing, but that was probably a silly way. I’ll assume you know how to get to your site’s dashboard, but if not, just type your blog site address/wp-admin as follows:

yourblogname.com (or wordpress.com or .blog)/wp-admin

• moo393 August 15, 2017 / 2:27 pm

Okay, thank you for your help. Really appreciated ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Nel August 15, 2017 / 2:50 pm

What if you can’t decide between two options?

• updownflight August 15, 2017 / 2:55 pm

Hi Nel. Feel free to comment if you have a second option you like equally as well as your choice. Eeny, meeny, miny, moe is also allowed.

• Nel August 15, 2017 / 3:04 pm

I picked long stories but I’m also okay with short stories too ๐Ÿ˜€

• updownflight August 15, 2017 / 3:06 pm

Thanks for the comment, Nel. I really appreciate you participating in my poll.

3. Vandana August 15, 2017 / 3:06 pm

Done! WordPress always amazes there is so much to discover..

• updownflight August 15, 2017 / 3:08 pm

Thanks, Vandana! I know. I’ve been wanting to try the poll feature. There are a lot of features available on the dashboard. I think as I continue as a blogger I should be utilizing more of these features.

• Vandana August 15, 2017 / 3:10 pm

I’m still a bit new on WP. Good that you are experimenting with all the features and sharing it here, Cindy!

• updownflight August 15, 2017 / 3:12 pm

I’ll be very glad if it inspires others to try new features. Thanks for that!

• updownflight August 15, 2017 / 3:18 pm

Thank you for your comment, pipersadventures9. I really appreciate it. I look forward to reading your blog each day I’m online.

4. Jessica Bakkers August 16, 2017 / 7:56 am

I went with articles on specific topics. As I’ve said before I love your articles, especially on mental health. So insightful and often very helpful.

5. adkinsdomain August 17, 2017 / 5:36 pm

Great idea to see who is reading and what your readers would like to see more of. Catering to your faithful readers is important!

• updownflight August 17, 2017 / 7:51 pm

Thanks, adkinsdomain. I will probably focus a little more on short stories/reflections and articles, but I’ll continue writing other types of things, too.

6. Mohamad Al Karbi August 19, 2017 / 4:55 am

I went with short stories. But honestly, I enjoy most of your posts. It’s lovely time that I spent on your site

• updownflight August 19, 2017 / 9:31 am

Thank you so much for responding to my poll, Mohamad. Your words are so kind.