Hating is not fair

I decided to reblog this old post of mine after adding some additional important points and quotes to the end. I think this post is very relevant considering what recently happened in Charlottesville, Virginia and in Barcelona and Cambrils, Spain.

Bird Flight

jail behind barbed wire“I’ve come to understand and to believe that each of us is more than the worst thing we’ve ever done. I believe that for every person on the planet. I think if somebody tells a lie, they’re not just a liar. I think if somebody takes something that doesn’t belong to them, they’re not just a thief. I think even if you kill someone, you’re not just a killer. And because of that, there’s this basic human dignity that must be respected by law.” – Bryan Stevenson

View original post 1,041 more words

12 thoughts on “Hating is not fair

1. Darlene J Lane August 18, 2017 / 2:35 pm

You are so correct Cyndy.
    In a way we are all jelly beans…..we arrive in different colors but we are made up of the same insides.
    This hatred that is redeveloping in many ways has been affecting people all over the world….but each of us (that care) are feeling a piece of our heart ❤️ ache.
    Let us learn to love more….and hate less. Let us help and support one another….let the haters see a United front toward life and freedom.

• updownflight August 18, 2017 / 2:49 pm

Thank you for contributing such important words, Darlene. I appreciate you visiting my blog.

• Darlene J Lane August 18, 2017 / 8:09 pm

You are very welcome, Cyndy. I have been following your blog. Extremely insightful and well worded, always. I can say that I am very proud of my second cousin’s writing ability. Impressive!😊

• updownflight August 18, 2017 / 8:44 pm

That is so extremely nice of you, Darlene! It makes me happy that we can connect like this. Dad is so funny how he likes to tell everyone about my blog. He’s a good salesman, isn’t he?

Dad said he had a great time visiting with you, and the other ladies recently.

2. Darlene J Lane August 18, 2017 / 9:04 pm

Yes, Cyndy…..your Dad is an excellent Salesman….and loves you dearly as he does the rest of his family.
    We enjoyed a very nice luncheon
    Get together….I like spending time with him.
    Perhaps, one day we can have lunch together when you feel up to eat….I always loved your Mom…a beautiful soul.
    Keep up your beautiful blogs.😁

3. Janice Wald August 19, 2017 / 5:07 pm

Hi,
    Google loves updated posts. Your updating is certainly timely considering the horrific events and the “president’s” lack of appropriate response.
    I sincerely want to thank you for following my blog Reflections but I haven’t published there in 2 years. Please follow me over to my current blog Mostly Blogging.
    Hey, I’m having a blog party today. I’ll leave the link. You can join us for some “virtual cake” and it will get you to the right side. If you put your email at the top of the right sidebar where it says “Enter Email,” you can follow my current blog.
    Looking forward to seeing you at Mostly Blogging.
    Janice

• updownflight August 19, 2017 / 8:26 pm

Thanks, Janice. I’ll be happy to follow your new blog and join the virtual party.

I hope my post does get some more exposure now that it is updated. Thanks for reading!

• Janice Wald August 19, 2017 / 8:29 pm

Hi Up,
        Thank you for your reply. I was excited to receive it. I am eager to receive the notification that you signed up. Thank you in advance.
        Janice

• updownflight August 19, 2017 / 8:53 pm

My notification was just sent. I’ll be checking my e-mail, Janice.