One Lovely Blog Award

One lovely blog award

I want to extend great thanks to Roda at https://growingself.blog for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog award. I love following her blog because of her love of nature, her beautiful photography, her inspiring reflections, and her ability to take us along on fascinating journeys of all kinds. I hope those reading this post will check out her blog because there is so much to be gained by doing so.

Here are the Rules:

• Each nominee must thank the person who nominated them and link their blog in their post.
  • They must include the rules and add the blog award badge as an image.
  • Must add 7 facts about themselves.
  • Nominate up to 15 people for the award!

Seven (7) facts about updownflight

1. I am a gap-toothed girl. Although it is a feature that some people are eager to fix with braces, no one ever suggested that I do so, and I never had the desire. No one ever teased me about it. Ever! It didn’t prevent me from having lots of boyfriends. I’ve always looked at it as something unique about me, though there are a number of well-known women out there that also have a gap between their front teeth. They include Lauren Hutton, Vanessa Paradis, Anna Paquin, Brigitte Bardot, and Madonna.
  2. When I get a little nervous in public, the comedienne in me comes out. I’m not sure why, but I somehow manage to say more funny things then than at other times. Sometimes it’s almost like a machine gun of funny statements. I wish I was as funny when I wasn’t nervous.
  3. All of my most serious boyfriends (and my husband) in my life were born in Europe. I think it was just coincidence. I certainly wanted to seriously date a few men that were born in the USA, but they were either already taken or weren’t as interested in me.
  4. I enjoy cooking very much! My signature dishes are Grapefruit Chicken, Duck a l’Orange, and a special cider spice marinated pork chop dish with a very delicious sauce and apple fritters on the side. I also love to bake, and have been known to wake up in the middle of the night (like at 3 am) and bake something for breakfast. I’ve baked many kinds of things over the years, but I guess I’ve probably baked more banana nut muffins than most people I know. You know, there are often over-ripe bananas available that need to be used.
  5. I love all kinds of music, but I’d say Beethoven’s music is my favorite classical music. U2’s music is my favorite rock music.
  6. One thing I really wish I was able to do, that I’m not, is to fly. I don’t mean fly in a plane or on a hang glider. I mean fly like a bird with my own wings.
  7. My dream career was to be a professional ballet dancer. I was very good as a teenager, but I wanted to be among the best in the world. That wasn’t to be. I guess once that career ended (it ends young), I would have liked to be a choreographer and/or dance instructor.

Updownflight’s Nominations

I completely understand that not all bloggers wish to participate in award nominations. Nevertheless, I am happy for the chance to list some of the wonderful blogs I enjoy regularly. These blogs are inspirational, educational, entertaining, touching, and/or provide so many other benefits to me regularly. It is not a complete list of the blogs that I love. There are so many creative bloggers out there. I feel blessed to have access to so much great writing, and other forms of artistic expression. I hope anyone reading this will check out some or all of the blogs below.

15 thoughts on “One Lovely Blog Award

1. Roda September 7, 2017 / 8:07 pm

Beautiful! I hope you still find time to dance! 💚

2. bexoxo September 7, 2017 / 8:12 pm

Well deserved. And I’m a gap toothed girl too!! 🙂

3. Just Brittany Moments September 7, 2017 / 9:31 pm

I really enjoyed reading this! I did ballet as a kid and will eventually start back up again! 😁 Congrats on your nomination! 🎉

• updownflight September 7, 2017 / 9:39 pm

Oh, I hope you do start back taking ballet. I have to confess I’d love to, but I have gained enough weight that I’d feel self conscious in a leotard and tights. I’m also in my mid 40s, but I know that definitely the latter shouldn’t stop me. Actually, if I could lose 20 lbs I’d feel fine in the tights.

Thanks for reading my post. I’m so happy you enjoyed it!

• Just Brittany Moments September 8, 2017 / 5:27 pm

My mom has been dancing before I was born, while she was pregnant with me, and is still currently dancing! Lol and she is not a size 2! So if she can do it, I’m sure you can too 😊 Just wear a skirt over your tights and leotard 👍🏾

Also I’m a health coach and so if you need some tips for losing weight, I’m here for ya! Just let me know!

• updownflight September 8, 2017 / 6:11 pm

That’s so kind of you, Just Brittany. And how wonderful that your mom still trips the light fantastic!

4. Nel September 7, 2017 / 10:29 pm

Congratulations Cindy! I’ve had a gap tooth my whole life too! It used to bother me but I grew to love it.

5. Vandana September 8, 2017 / 7:21 am

Dear Cindy, congrats for the nomination! It’s lovely to know about a very beautiful person like you!! Please never stop pirouetting and dancing..
    I must thank you so much for nominating me times and again for such beautiful awards. I’m always in awe of the articles you post. Each one of them provide so much emotional inspiration, much required in today’s world where all of us take the easy route to be superficially oblivious! Loads of love and hugs. Stay happy and blessed. 😊😊

• updownflight September 8, 2017 / 11:17 am

That’s so sweet of you to say, Vandana.

I keep nominating you because I’m in awe of your poetry and of the lovely person you are, too.

• Vandana September 8, 2017 / 2:30 pm

Cindy that’s so very heartwarming of you..! 😊😊❤️