I want to extend great thanks to Roda at https://growingself.blog for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog award. I love following her blog because of her love of nature, her beautiful photography, her inspiring reflections, and her ability to take us along on fascinating journeys of all kinds. I hope those reading this post will check out her blog because there is so much to be gained by doing so.
Here are the Rules:
- Each nominee must thank the person who nominated them and link their blog in their post.
- They must include the rules and add the blog award badge as an image.
- Must add 7 facts about themselves.
- Nominate up to 15 people for the award!
Seven (7) facts about updownflight
- I am a gap-toothed girl. Although it is a feature that some people are eager to fix with braces, no one ever suggested that I do so, and I never had the desire. No one ever teased me about it. Ever! It didn’t prevent me from having lots of boyfriends. I’ve always looked at it as something unique about me, though there are a number of well-known women out there that also have a gap between their front teeth. They include Lauren Hutton, Vanessa Paradis, Anna Paquin, Brigitte Bardot, and Madonna.
- When I get a little nervous in public, the comedienne in me comes out. I’m not sure why, but I somehow manage to say more funny things then than at other times. Sometimes it’s almost like a machine gun of funny statements. I wish I was as funny when I wasn’t nervous.
- All of my most serious boyfriends (and my husband) in my life were born in Europe. I think it was just coincidence. I certainly wanted to seriously date a few men that were born in the USA, but they were either already taken or weren’t as interested in me.
- I enjoy cooking very much! My signature dishes are Grapefruit Chicken, Duck a l’Orange, and a special cider spice marinated pork chop dish with a very delicious sauce and apple fritters on the side. I also love to bake, and have been known to wake up in the middle of the night (like at 3 am) and bake something for breakfast. I’ve baked many kinds of things over the years, but I guess I’ve probably baked more banana nut muffins than most people I know. You know, there are often over-ripe bananas available that need to be used.
- I love all kinds of music, but I’d say Beethoven’s music is my favorite classical music. U2’s music is my favorite rock music.
- One thing I really wish I was able to do, that I’m not, is to fly. I don’t mean fly in a plane or on a hang glider. I mean fly like a bird with my own wings.
- My dream career was to be a professional ballet dancer. I was very good as a teenager, but I wanted to be among the best in the world. That wasn’t to be. I guess once that career ended (it ends young), I would have liked to be a choreographer and/or dance instructor.
I completely understand that not all bloggers wish to participate in award nominations. Nevertheless, I am happy for the chance to list some of the wonderful blogs I enjoy regularly. These blogs are inspirational, educational, entertaining, touching, and/or provide so many other benefits to me regularly. It is not a complete list of the blogs that I love. There are so many creative bloggers out there. I feel blessed to have access to so much great writing, and other forms of artistic expression. I hope anyone reading this will check out some or all of the blogs below.
- Vandana at https://surrealspectre.wordpress.com/
- Stoner on a roller coaster at https://stoneronarollercoaster.wordpress.com
- Life lessons – a blog by Judy Dykstra at https://judydykstrabrown.com/