Many thanks to Karin of The Austrian Dish for nominating me for this lovely award. We both share a love for cooking, and my mouth waters every time I see her culinary creations. She also has a great knowledge of food ingredients. It is exciting to try new things. Karin inspires that. Someday I hope to spend more time in her country of Austria. I know it is a beautiful country with a rich history.
The creator of the Mystery Blog Award is Okto Enigma. The award features allow for a fun exchange of information on bloggers. I certainly enjoyed reading Karin’s award post responses. Thanks, Okto Enigma, for creating this award!
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- List the Rules.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- Answer five questions from the nominee.
- Nominate anywhere from ten to twenty bloggers.
- Notify the bloggers by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, including one weird or funny question.
- Share the link to your best post.
3 THINGS ABOUT ME
- I am a major bird enthusiast. My husband and I adopted our third parrot just recently. Our previous parrots passed on, sadly. With each adoption our parrot becomes more and more exotic. Right now we have a feisty Hahn’s macaw, which is the smallest in the macaw family. He’s still just a baby. We’re trying to teach him his name, but he still just lets out a loud squawk, instead.
- I love to travel around the world and learn others’ cultures and cuisines. I’m not a picky eater, so am generally willing to try all types of things that many Americans wouldn’t. For example, in Taiwan I ate Chou Do Fu (stinky fermented tofu) and chicken feet. In Peru, I ate llama and even guinea pig. Of all of these I thought the llama meat was the best.
- I enjoy the study of linguistics and foreign languages. Though my language skills in languages other than English are now very rusty, I have studied Mandarin Chinese, French, and German at university. I have also learned a lot of Czech from my husband.
KARIN’S QUESTIONS FOR ME:
- Which country would you like to visit which you haven’t been yet?
My husband and I are planning a trip to northern Portugal for our 20th wedding anniversary, but we have visited southern Portugal in the past. As for a country I haven’t visited, perhaps Karin’s country of Austria. I have only ever passed through Austria, but never had the time to really visit it for any length of time. I definitely want to go to Vienna. I want to see the beautiful architecture there, perhaps attend a classical music concert, visit some famous graves, and definitely want to enjoy the food, especially the pastries!
- What’s you favorite movie about cooking?
“Big Night” is definitely my favorite movie about cooking! It was not only an extremely funny and charming movie, with excellent stars, but the feast the Italian chefs Primo and Secondo created looked out of this world.
- What is your favorite way to spend your free time?
I guess writing. I also love cooking/baking, traveling and playing with my pet parrot. Flower arranging is a major pleasure for me, too. Oh yes, I can’t forget kissing my hubby!
- If you could be anyone else for a day, who would it be and what would you do?
I would be President Donald Trump. What would I do? Resign from the office of the presidency.
- If you could describe yourself as a character from a book, which character would it be?
Hmm? I can’t think of any character that is exactly like me, but perhaps in my youth I could have seemed like Alice in Wonderland.
HERE ARE MY NOMINEES:
Discovering Your Happiness (A wonderful blog with valuable information about self-care of all sorts)
Zlotybaby at https://rinsebeforeuse.com/ (Shares insights into relationship issues, languages, and other topics, and has a great sense of humor.)
Celtics345 at Curleymania (A prolific writer who loves to share stories of all kinds (from love stories to horror), musicals, and experiences with bipolar disorder, and other health challenges.)
Cogitate (Thoughts from a female-exec, bipolar mom & stepmom)
Become Betty (I am a huge fan of Trader Joes. Become Betty offers numerous Trader Joe and other food product recommendations. I have purchased and enjoyed many over the past few months.)
THE 5 QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:
- What is your absolute favorite piece of music?
- If you had to pick your “last meal”, what would the meal be? Can include multiple courses.
- What do you like writing about more than anything else?
- What was your proudest accomplishment as a child or teenager?
- If you were hitchhiking (knowing it was safe), who would you want to pick you up?
LINK TO MY FAVORITE POST ON MY BLOG:
It’s difficult to pick one, and my favorite post is not the one with the most “likes”. Actually, the one with the most “likes” is one I’m not attached to at all. I guess my all-time favorite has to be Getting married abroad, in a most glorious city (Prague, Czech Republic). I left out some of the romance at my husband’s bidding, but it is still a story I love thinking about.