The wonderful nighttime dreams I never forget

ascending into the air dream

In my last post, I predominately wrote about a notable long-term daydreaming experience. It was one that I would actually call maladaptive. I also briefly mentioned one particular nighttime dream that had an incredible impact on me that lasted for months afterwards. That nighttime dream was one of the few that made me wake up very happy and satisfied.  I mentioned that most of my other dreams, if I even remembered them, were usually scary or disconcerting. But I have had some other pleasurable nighttime dreams. I think ones that many readers may have also had, in some form or another. Here I’ll write about three main types of pleasurable dreams that I will never forget.

High in the sky

I ascend into the air, not exactly flying, but more because of weightlessness or lack of gravity. But I can control the height in which I ascend. I am also able to travel in whatever direction I choose; up, down, forward, sideways and backwards, just like a hummingbird, but without the wings. When I would dream of this weightlessness it was almost as if the burdens or stresses I felt in my life were left behind. Have you ever woken up tired in the morning, dreading what was to come at work or home and felt like weights were on your shoulders, making walking difficult? Well those feelings were no more during these types of dreams. Have you had such dreams that resembled flight? In your dreams, did you have wings like a bird or plane? In such dreams I often mingled among the birds. Actually, I remember in some, the birds would look at me quizzically, but they never challenged me for the territory. The views from high in the sky were always beautiful, even more beautiful than those from the top of the highest mountains.

You are back with me again

The nighttime dream I briefly wrote about two days ago included seeing my beloved grandfather again. We had lost him when I was only nine years old, but the magical nighttime dream came when I was 20. I do remember the loved ones I’ve lost in great detail, their voices, mannerisms, faces, and loving expressions. But if only for just moments, could they seem fully alive again? I lost my mother when I was 34. It was completely unexpected and the tragedy triggered the worst years of my bipolar illness. It was years before I could think of her without crying. It even took a while to think of the good days, versus the frightening ones. I’ve since had about three dreams with her. In two, she appeared to me smiling. We walked together and chatted. She left me with encouraging words. In the third, I was so convinced she was alive that I remember feeling elation. Unfortunately in that third, when I woke up, I at first felt new sorrow at her loss, but then I felt grateful that she at least visits me from time to time. I told her before she left, that I will love her forever. That love still exists, and her love for me still touches me. Recently my family lost my nephew, I will be looking for him some night, hopefully soon.

Inspiration for morning naughtiness

I know that everyone out there has surely had a steamy sex dream from time to time. Actually these have been the most frequent “great” dreams I’ve ever had. The beauty of these dreams is usually the length of time in which the erotic feelings last. Have you ever woken up and tapped your sweetie on the shoulder with a special grin? You know what I mean.

What was the most wonderful nighttime dream you ever had? Do you have recurring dreams that give you pleasure?

14 thoughts on “The wonderful nighttime dreams I never forget

• updownflight October 15, 2017 / 4:07 pm

Sorry Dangerspouse. I don’t understand. I’ll assume you didn’t like the post, or something else.

• Dangerspouse October 15, 2017 / 4:13 pm

What? No – I did like your post! It was well written and relatable. Very nice.

Lol. That was my week attempt at humor with my first comment. In your post you wrote that after a sensual dream you might poke “your sweetie”. I was just having fun expanding that, implying that when I woke up after one of those dreams I might poke my sweetie, or if she’s not there I’d poke my dog, even a house plant. Stupid schoolboy humor, I’m afraid. Sorry it came across wrong!

• updownflight October 15, 2017 / 4:44 pm

Oh, I see! I’m so sorry I didn’t get it. I am often slow at catching on to such humor. Thanks so much for reading. I’m glad you liked the post.

• Dangerspouse October 15, 2017 / 4:51 pm

No need to apologize. I’m sure my pre-15 cups of coffee comment didn’t come off as intended. It never does 🙂

And yes, I liked your post very much. You’re a skilled writer!

• updownflight October 15, 2017 / 5:01 pm

Thanks, Dangerspouse!

I just read your post about the wild animals and the hammock. That was pretty wild! As for my second comment, maybe it wouldn’t be all that comfy after all.

• Dangerspouse October 15, 2017 / 5:04 pm

LOL! You read that, huh? I hope it gave you a chuckle, at least. Thanks for letting me know 🙂 And yeah – it’s lost a lot of its CQ (Comfort Quotient) since the mangling. Poor thing….

• updownflight October 15, 2017 / 5:06 pm

I imagine it has? Are you going to take it down? Or give it another swing?

• Dangerspouse October 15, 2017 / 5:08 pm

I’ll get another swing. They’re not too expensive, and even if they were….swinging sex! (Since you mentioned.) Who could put a price on that?? 🙂

• updownflight October 15, 2017 / 5:12 pm

The whole thing sounds pretty wild!

1. theceaselessreaderwrites April 27, 2018 / 7:47 pm

I’m too modest to share the most wonderful nighttime dreams I’ve had, but my second most wonderful and recurring dreams involve unaided flight.

• updownflight April 27, 2018 / 7:52 pm

If only we could all live a week in our lives as birds! Thank you for sharing!