10 thoughts on “Thanksgiving serenity

1. Iggy November 30, 2017 / 8:43 pm

Lovely! I can just hear the sound of the ocean. It is my favorite sound. So soothing.

• updownflight November 30, 2017 / 9:51 pm

I love it, too! It’s kind of cold in my state now, but during the warmer months we go to the beach. We’re in NJ. The photo in this post was taken in Florida just last week. It was lovely!

I do have a trusty sound machine. It really helps me to sleep when I have difficulties. There are many sound modes. I usually play rainfall, but it has ocean and many other settings, too.

• Iggy December 1, 2017 / 12:35 am

My in-laws have a house by the beach that we go to every summer. I enjoy sleeping with the windows open so I can hear the ocean at night.

• updownflight December 1, 2017 / 12:50 am

That sounds wonderful! I also liked when I stayed with my brother in Hawaii. At the time he lived on his sailboat. I never slept so well and woke so happy. I wish I could hear the sounds of the water and a marina from my bed and feel a gentle rocking.

2. galeweithers November 30, 2017 / 9:39 pm

Definitely definitely serene! There’s something about water that adds to the serenity of life – do you agree? Seems as though you and I were thinking along the same lines for this week’s challenge; see what I mean @ https://wp.me/p2CNyA-3oa

• updownflight November 30, 2017 / 9:53 pm

I do agree. And not just the ocean. I love brooks, rivers and lakes, too. My hubby and I were excited to even take a swim last week. We were in Florida. The temps were in the 80s and the beach was not that crowded.