A Constant Pest – My parrot won’t let me write

I love him dearly, but he sure can be a constant pest! I let him out of his cage to play on his bird gym, but he won’t let the opportunity pass to make his way to my laptop and either say “Look at me!” or “That little lamp thingy on your lap desk looks more fun than the perches on my play gym!”

Believe me, I do play with him throughout the day, but deep down he wants to permanently harass me. I just had to step away and type in peace, but I don’t have complete peace. He’s now yelling at me from the other room. “DOBRY! DOBRY! DOBRY!”, which means “Good!” in Czech.

If I do let my little bird boy stay as long as he wants, he does eventually wear himself out. See what happened once a while ago. Such “peace” still makes my writing a little difficult.

N sleeping

11 thoughts on “A Constant Pest – My parrot won’t let me write

1. Uneven Jen February 21, 2018 / 2:34 am

Your parrot is so darn cute. I absolutely love the picture of him looking over your computer screen and his last sleepy picture. Seems like fun to have such a wonderful pest.

• updownflight February 21, 2018 / 10:52 am

Thanks, Uneven Jen. I agree. Those are my two favorite pictures in the post, too. But he also loves the lamp thingy. Luckily it is powered by batteries, so isn’t any kind of risk.

2. shatteredwishes February 22, 2018 / 8:32 pm

Awww hun, what an adorable little friend you have there! Even though he is a little bit of a pest, he is an absolute wonder!!! There are so many wonderful little beings on this little planet of ours, and they can be come such faithful friends!! ❤

• updownflight February 22, 2018 / 8:35 pm

Thank you, shatterdwishes! Yes, my bird boy is wonderful! I adore him and he’s such an extreme pleasure. I have to say that at this very moment he is harassing me. Many parrots are often imps, but my little guy is still a juvenile. He’s like having a toddler in their terrible “2s”.

3. purpleparrotlove February 24, 2018 / 2:45 am

Isn’t looking cute and distracting you his job? That’s what all of my guys do. Whenever I sit down to do some work they are right there wanting to help!

• updownflight February 24, 2018 / 12:50 pm

It is indeed their job, but I don’t think my guy really wants to help. He wants me to stop what I’m doing and pay attention to him, him, him.